Old 30-03-2006, 04:10 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Jack Schidt® Jack Schidt® is offline

Default Smoke Wood and Lump Sources in NJ?

"John L" wrote in message
.net...

Anyone happen to know of a good source for either smoke wood or lump in
NJ, shore area?

For smoke wood I'm thinking about Delicious Orchards, a large farm
market with a decent sized apple orchard I believe, or maybe some of the
wineries. I figure they must have some used wine barrels (oak, right?)
to get rid of.

As for lump, I don't know where to find any short of the Cowboy stuff at
Lowes. I've pretty well decided to go with Kingsford briquettes instead,
at least for now.

I hold my nose and get Royal Oak lump at WalMart. That's the only thing I
buy there.

Jack