Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~[_1_] ~patches~[_1_] is offline

Default This Ng and What I don't get! RANT!

SD wrote:

> ~patches~ wrote:
>
>>And my final pet peeve is those who
>>for whatever reason seem to think I have nothing better to do than their
>>research. I will post links if I have them right handy but I just don't
>>have the time to go searching for every link I have. If you can't
>>handle that, perhaps you should go cook something </rant>

> You're the one who posted an unreferenced claim about harmful chemicals
> used in bleaching sugar. You should have posted the link at the same
> time. When a request was made for you to provide references for
> statements you posted, you got all huffy about it claiming you don't
> have the time. Most folks here, when making a claim about something
> will post information to back it up. It's really logicla when making a
> claim to post the back up information AT THE SAME TIME.

No, if you go back and *read* what I posted I said specifically that raw
sugar was not as chemically refined as white sugar. The reference to
*bleaching* was in respect to other foods something that I thought
should have been clear. As far as huffy, I don't see where your are
coming from. My experience is that some people like to be spoon fed. I
don't have the time. Sorry

> One of my pet peeves is people who make claims about things and can't
> or won't provide the evidence to back it up.

Anywhere else but on usenet this might actually be a concern. I'm
intelligent enough to do my own research without depending on someone I
have never met on usenet. You want the facts, the best thing is to do
your own research, period. Sorry if you don't agree.

PS, no huffiness at all.