Old 28-03-2006, 01:56 AM posted to rec.food.baking
Norvin Norvin is offline

Default Rubbery Crepes

Cheesecake Lady wrote:
Good Evening All!

I hope someone here has some experience with this. I am at my wits end.

How in the world do I prevent crepes from being rubbery?
I am using a basic recipe that I got off of Food Network - Alton Brown.

Is it the amount of the batter I am using?? Please help. Have a really
tasty layered crepe "cake" that I want to duplicate & it just isn't working.
Nowhere near what I had at a local restaurant.

Any suggestions would be really great!

Thanks!

Lisa :-)

Temp is important, I used a "7" on my electric glasstop and just enough
batter to cover the bottom of the skillet. This has worked for me for
about 30 years.