Posted to rec.food.cooking
Reg[_1_] Reg[_1_] is offline

Default Removing Cheesecake from springform pan

Doug wrote:

> Does anyone have any tips for removing fragile crusted cheese cakes from
> the metal bottom of a springform pan? I'd like to plate it on a nice
> platter but can't figure a way that will not make the fragile cracker
> crust fall apart?
>
> Thanks,
> Doug

I don't try and remove it from the springform base. I put
the cake, base and all, right onto the serving platter.
You can do this with regular cakes too, either with a
springform base or a regular cardboard cake circle.

If you have to transport it, you can stick the springform
base to the platter with a few loops of duct tape between
the base and the platter.

--
Reg