Posted to rec.food.baking
[email protected] anthony.mak@iname.com is offline

Default Studying bakery and cake making in Australia

Hi Chembake,

Have you heard of Sydney International College and do you know if they
are any good?
http://www.sic.nsw.edu.au/courses/fa...patisserie.htm

Actually so long I have been asking for someone who wants to study as
international student trying to become a pastry chef. TAFE has a
certificate level 3 course which is specialized for patisserie, but
they give preferences to apprentices, otherwise quite hard to get into.
But it would probably be hard for someone from oversea to get an
apprenticeship in Australia, since they would need to first enrol in
some education before they can get student VISA. I would suggest my
friend to try their chances to enrol those TAFE certificate 3 courses
that give preference to apprentice anyway, or, enrol in some vocational
cake making TAFE classes initially, or try Sydney International
College, and after the person arrived in Australia they can search for
an apprenticeship.

Could you give me some advice

Anthony