Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Night Spirit Night Spirit is offline

Default how many carbs for good diabetic diet

"Jim Butler" > wrote in message
>I have a blood sugar lever of 129 and need to start a diet exercise
>regime. How many carbs should i shoot for?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

I test two hours after each meal. In my Blood Sugar level logbook I
note what I am eating. Normally BSL should be between 80 to 120 mg/dl
or 4.4 to 6.6 mmol/l so 129 isn't all that bad if your using the
american measurement of mg/dl.

The day before Yesterday I had a 1/2 cup of of herbed rice with and a
slice of whole wheat bread 2 hours later my BSL was 110 mg/dl two
hours later yet yesterday I had a harb boiled egg at breakfast and my
BSL two hours later was 169 mg/dl so it is important to log your
meals.

--
So Say We All,
Dale

On the internet superhighway I prefer the slow lane.