Posted to rec.food.restaurants
SwampFunk SwampFunk is offline

Default Restaurant Business Advice

I'm planning to open a restaurant/bistro and I've been doing a ton of
reading. I've read anything and everything I can find, from books to
internet forums. The theme of everything I read is, "you'll probably
fail". Its a HUGE risk, with HUGE commitment and a HUGE chance of
failing within the first year.

So, is there any encouragement out there? The only encouraging thing i
hear is, if you have a ton of money you can make it. well, we def
don't have a ton of money. We're relying heavily on investors and
loans. Please, hit me with your advice! I've read everything negative
already and I'm already aware that I'm going to be broke, working 16
hour days, destroying the friendships I have with the other owners, and
i'm still going to fail. Can anyone relate success stories or anything
at all positive!?!!?

How do people do it? How do you stay positive in an industry where 99%
of people fall on their face.