Posted to rec.food.equipment
Melba's Jammin'[_1_] Melba's Jammin'[_1_] is offline

Default Best pots & pans for ceramic glass cooktop stove

In article >,
(Donald Tsang) wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> >> The only cookware that did not work very well has one old pot
> >> that had a bump in the middle of the bottom and would not sit flat.

> >Hee-e-y-y-y-y, what are you doing with my non-stick skillet, Bill? I
> >thought it was flat until I found out it isn't. I wonder if that's an
> >occupational hazard with a cheap non-stick.

> I have two words for you: Rubber Mallet (actually, a few more words:
> four layers of towel underneath to save your counter surface...)
>
> You have to do this every two or three months, but it can save a heap of
> money if you like to cook with cheap anodized nonstick.
>
> Donald

Hah! I think I'll put the toweling on the top of the inverted skillet
with maybe one or two beneath it, out back on the concrete stoop, with a
regular hammer. I'm fresh out of rubber mallets. That skillet is one
of but two pieces of non-stick stuff I use. The other is my dutch oven
that's a must for making fruit butter.
I'll let you know how pounding the skillet works out. Thank you, Donald.
--
-Barb
<www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-21-2006 Hot Stuff!