Posted to rec.food.equipment
[email protected] ranck@vt.edu is offline

Default Best pots & pans for ceramic glass cooktop stove

Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> In article >, wrote:

> > Pretty much anything as long as it has flat bottoms. I have used cast iron,
> > stainless, clad stainless, and enamled steel. The only cookware that
> > did not work very well has one old pot that had a bump in the middle of
> > the bottom and would not sit flat.

> Hee-e-y-y-y-y, what are you doing with my non-stick skillet, Bill? I
> thought it was flat until I found out it isn't. I wonder if that's an
> occupational hazard with a cheap non-stick.

Nope, not yours. Mine is an aluminum clad stainless that for some
reason has a little glob of aluminum in the middle of the bottom.
I'm not sure how or why it got there, it just wasn't noticable until
we got the smooth-top range.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.