Posted to rec.food.equipment
Chef Dom Chef Dom is offline

Default Non-Stick Material; Safest

JJ wrote:
> From a health perspective looking for the safest non-stick fry pan
> material.
>
> Ideas????

I am going to post a paragraph from a company we do business with
called Swiss Diamond. From my opinion, this is the highest quality
non-stick cookware on the market. You can use metal utensils in it, it
is oven safe, stovetop safe, and dishwasher safe. If it ever cracks,
peels, chips, scratches anything the company or my comapny will replace
it free of charge under its Lifetime Warranty. Personally though as a
chef the reason I like these pans goes beyond those great reasons, I
like the fast that all the lids have vents on them that can be open or
closed, the handles are very comfortable, but the best thing is that
because the pan has little bits of diamond in the surface it actually
browns better than any other nonstick pan on the market. Here is a
link so you can see the product line:
http://www.dominicskitchenstore.com/...ARTMENT_ID=156

After coming back from the housewares show last weekend, I was also
very impressed by the statement the company issues about their
products. There is no other company on the market that has made a
statement anywhere close to this. All I did was copy and paste this
next paragraph so as not to change the integrity of the article.
"What is Swiss Diamond's surface composed of and does it contain PFOA?

Swiss Diamond's surface is a nano-composite containing diamond crystals
and PTFE (which is short for polytetrafluoroethylene). These compounds
are bound together in a different way other than other non-stick
coatings. Swiss Diamonds nano-composite method uses less PTFE than
other coatings. Because of its durability, less is needed to give
superior results. Swiss Diamond has been tested and approved by the FDA
as well as all European standard committees. Recently, PFOA
(perfluorooctanoic acid) emissions have been linked to the manufacture
of the Teflon brand and other similar products. These emissions have
only been measured in the plants that produce the raw materials, and
are not related to the application of cookware coatings. Swiss Diamond
products have never contained any detectable amount of PFOA. Although
the productions process of the PTFE ingredient can generate PFOA during
the manufacturing stage, our suppliers have significantly reduced these
amounts, and every effort to reduce them even further is being done.
Moreover, the thermal treatment applied to our cookware has been
specially optimized for degrading any trace of PFOA in the final
coating."

I can explain this more in depth if you have any questions, please call
or email me, both can be found on our website at
www.DominicsKitchenStore.com

Chef Dom,
www.DominicsKitchenStore.com