Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default All Clad cookie sheets

Sheldon wrote:

> Jeneen Sommers wrote:
> > Has anyone used All Clad cookie sheets? I'm thinking of getting some,
> > but would like to see what other people's experiences have been. There
> > are two options: stainless steel or gold plated stainless. They both
> > cost the same. I currently have aluminum cookie sheets, which I'm happy
> > with except it doesn't take too long before they become kind of ratty
> > because they aren't non-reactive. Stainless seems like it might be
> > a reasonable alternative. It's more expensive, but I wouldn't have
> > to keep replacing them as they got yucky.

> Stainless steel sucks for bakeware, only thing worse is glass. Why not
> take a hint from what professional bake shops use, plain old carbon
> steel, and never scrub them back to shiny, the blacker they get the
> better.
>
> Sheldon

I've been at a few pro bake shops and all I've ever seen is AL, lots and
lots of AL baking sheets stacked in lots of the nice rolling racks.
These were all for cookies BTW, I spent a few evenings backing about
5,000 cookies once. While blackened steel pans may be good for a lot of
things they generally seem to suck for baking, particularly cookies as
they tend to burn the bottom of the cookie before the rest is baked.

Pete C.