Posted to rec.food.equipment
Peter Aitken Peter Aitken is offline

Default Best pots & pans for ceramic glass cooktop stove

"Marshmallow" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just bought a brand new ceramic glass cooktop stove. I've never had
> one. I am a little unsure what type of pans I should use with it. I
> mostly use my old Revere ware copper bottom kettles and use teflon
> frying pans. I'm not a great cook by any means, so, I don't really
> want high end products...are there certain types of pots and pans that
> are recommended with this type of cook top? Thanks in advance for any
> advice!

In general you will do better with pans that have really flat bottoms. This
is not a requirement, but it does work better. So, it's not the type of
cookware so much. I find All Clad to work well, but that's rather pricey. If
you buiy some cookeare, try it out - empty. If it rocks back and forth,
return it.

--
Peter Aitken