Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bad waitress tricks

Andy wrote:

> In that instance after paying and getting back the change, I would have
> handed her the $5 directly and say "Thank you but talk to the chef, the
> food tasted metallic."
>
> Psychologically let it be a matter she can wrongfully take out on the
> chef after you leave. No hard feelings between you and the waitress.

I don't get it. You want her to hand it directly to the waitress and then
deflect the blame for the low tip on the cook. If you are going to be direct
with the waitress, be direct..... "I would have left more but I asked you
to bring me change and you didn't. I am not getting sucked in to leaving a
larger tip because you didn't offer the service I had specifically
requested."