Posted to rec.food.equipment
Chef Dom Chef Dom is offline

Default Choosing a pizza pan

Having owned a pizzeria and now owning a kitchen store, I have a slight
affection to pizza pans. You were saying that you don't like a crsip
crust, but want to be able to cut in the pan. I will outline my
suggestions based on the info you gave.

These two pans are made by a great company called Chicago Metallic
(they are used in many restaurants and bakeries). The pans come in two
lines: Commercial (No non-stick coating) and Professional (with a
non-stick coating). Since you want to be able to cut in the pan I would
not suggest a pan with a non-stick coating. Both pans are constructed
of an alumized steel. (heavy-weight Aluminized Steel combines the
durability, strength, and superior heat conduction of steel with the
corrosion-resistance of an aluminum-silicone alloy.) These pans are
truely top of the line!

This pan is a perforated pizza pan, it will crisp the crust maybe a
little more than you would like, but you could cut in the pan as long
as you don't mind a few cosmetic blemishes. To produce a not so crisp
crust, you could cut the heat back on your oven though.

http://www.dominicskitchenstore.com/...sp?ITEM_ID=151

The second option would be to use a deep dish pizza pan, which has no
holes in the bottom and higher sides. You do not have to make a deep
dish pizza in this pan, but it would produce a much less crisp crust
than any other option. You would however, have to use a spatula to get
the pizza out of the pan.

http://www.dominicskitchenstore.com/...p?ITEM_ID=2169

I can help you out with any other questions you may have, feel free to
email me through our website at www.DominicsKitchenStore.com

Chef Dom
www.DominicsKitchenStore.com