Posted to talk.politics.drugs,uk.politics.drugs,alt.food.wine
bobbie sellers bobbie sellers is offline

Default Alcohol-related illness soars as 1 in 18 addicts get treatment

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:49:11 +0000,Phil Stovell, wrote

> >> Cannabis would obviously kill many times that number, if it was legal.

> > Bullshit: check how many people dies for cannabis in Holland, where
> > cannabis is legal.

> D'oh.

Phil was being sarcastic or ironic, I can't easily distinguish
between
the two modes of typing myself but he was being humorous.

I wonder which moduality of cannabis action would lead to death
on a large scale. Perhaps if it was really strong you would forget
to exhale? Or maybe when you bought that ounce you would spend your
food and rent money because you forgot about those vital matters and
die on the street because of the Assassin of Youth. ;^)

later
bliss -- C O C O A Powered... (at california dot com)

--
bobbie sellers - a retired nurse in San Francisco

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of cocoa that the thoughts acquire speed,
the thighs acquire girth, the girth become a warning.
It is by theobromine alone I set my mind in motion."
--from Someone else's Dune spoof ripped to my taste.