Deepak Saxena

Default Non-fat dry-milk...purpose?

In article >,
H. W. Hans Kuntze > wrote:

>Deepak Saxena wrote:
>
>>What is the purpose of non-fat dry milk in whole wheat loaves?
>>

>Does not go rancid in storage and is easier to handle than milk

Tnx; however, let me rephrase my question. What chemical purpose does
it (or milk) serve in the dough? The whole wheat breads I buy at
the store just have ww flour, honey, yeast, water, salt but most
of the recipes I've found include dried milk. Why?

>Replace the milk powder and some of the water with an appropriate=20
>quantity of low-fat or no-fat milk.
>You can also crush your "unuseable brick" and dissolve it, use it.

That seems to work. Tnx!

~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena - - http://www.plexity.net