Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Joe Sallustio Joe Sallustio is offline

Default stopping 2nd fermentation

It does sound like a whole lot of alcohol.

>You needn't worry about the fermentation re-starting with a sugar addition after the wine is clarified. I'm surprised that it's still going now.

I have had still reds at bottling at 0.3% RS get 'fizzy' with some time
in the bottle; they were bright and fined with Sparkoloid and had good
sulfite levels per tirettes. It's possible a ML started in the bottle,
it's not like I get any cloudiness, just a little petilance. It is an
annoyance. I'm always at a loss as to where to go with wines that are
'almost' dry per clinitest.

Joe