Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
A. J. Rawls[_2_] A. J. Rawls[_2_] is offline

Default Newbie Q's

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 00:21:41 GMT, "Bulletsnbrains"
> wrote:

>I made wine 20 years ago with fruit. But my 18 yr old son has convinced me
>to get back into winemaking. (Soon beer too) I bought a basic kit from the
>wineandhop.com and also purchased a lg #10 can of "Vintner's Harvest
>Raspberry" concentrate. I found the directions vague on excatly how much
>concentrate to use for a 1 gallon batch. If this can, can make as much as 5
>gal, then would I just use 19oz? The directions call out a 3 gal and 5 gal
>batch's with the whole can. Any feedback would be welcome.
>
>Could any one point out a FAQ link for this NG?
>
>Brian
>Madison,WI

I have used their Strawberry product before. I made 3 gal batches
from each can and the result was outstanding. Good color, plenty of
body and a great nose... It pulled a first place in berry wine in our
State Fair. I have not attempted to make five gallons per can.

Later,
A. J. Rawls
Anchorage, Alaska, USA