Old 12-03-2006, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Bulletsnbrains Bulletsnbrains is offline

Default Newbie Q's

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the tidbit. I have the hydrometer and will base the fruit amount
on the SG.

Brian

"Joe Sallustio" wrote in message
oups.com...
Brian,
Most of those cans really only make 3 gallons, 5 gallons may be 'thin'.
I have never used that one so a hydrometer would be the way to go.
1.085 make a wine of 11 to 12 %. Going abouve 12% on a country wine is
usaully not recommended as the fruit tends to fall behind the alcohol.

I'll post the link to the FAQ in a new thread along with some other
websitres you may find useful.
Joe