Posted to alt.food.wine
Ed Rasimus Ed Rasimus is offline

Default Question re cooking & sugar levels.

:

>> Hey Santiago
>>
>> this sounds like it would apply magnificently to magret de canard or,
>> used sparingly, with quickly pan fried duck foie gras.

>True, providing you do not over-sauce. Just a little thread on the plate,
>because the sauce is both sweet and acid at the same time. Do not do it
>with Venerable, please (though I have done it) ;-)
>
>S.

You have simultaneously made me very envious and made my mouth water.

I'm still hunting the various metro-area wine/liquor options N. of
Dallas and have yet to find a source for Spanish brandies. The
combination of arcane liquor laws, complex merging of "cities" into a
huge entity called "Dallas" and a lack of time to go driving all over
the state hunting booze palaces is making life difficult. Eventually
it will all sort out.

Ahh, for some every-day Cardenal Mendez...

Ohh, and some properly quick fried foie gras.

BTW, isn't "duck foir gras" some sort of oxymoron? Or maybe that's a
malapropism?

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"