Posted to rec.food.cooking
Phred Phred is offline

Default Bred fruit and vegies [Was: Mango Imports from India.]

In article .com>,
"Yogi Gupta" > wrote:

>Phred!

Yogi! Me old mate! Glad to see you back. I was a bit worried about
you when you said you were finished here. But, not to worry, you're
back again. :-)

>I agree with the following:
>"In an international forum it is impossible to know what may offend
>someone somewhere."
>In my opinion, it puts a burden on the contributor to choose words with
>care.
>
>I disagree with:
>" The best guide for the reader is to look at the context. It is
>usually pretty clear whether an insult is intended or not if one
>doesn't go off half-cocked. "
>It blames the reader and exonerates the contributor of any
>responsibilty.
>
>I will take your suggestion.
>Please accept my apologies for going 'half-cocked' when I read the
>racial slur 'Paki'.
>
>Let me apply the logic further, the 'N'-word is just an abbreviation.
>We should use the actual word whenever we communicate.

I have no idea what 'N'-word you're referring to; so maybe you do need
to spell it out, mate. Not that I give a rat's whether I'm to be
enlightened on the point or not. Not every mystery demands resolution.

>Have a good day.

Why, thank you. I had a bonzer day in fact. How was yours?

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID