Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bottled water, is it better than tap water?

notbob wrote:

> Bingo! I know there are still thousands, perhaps millions, of folks
> out there who still believe fluoride is a communist plot, or some such
> nonsense and municipalities are still not fluoridating their water.
>
> I've seen the results of fluoridated water first hand. I grew up
> before widespread fluoridation and by time I was eight, every molar in
> my mouth had been filled. When my daughter grew up in the 70s, our
> water was fluoridated and she had no cavities till she was in her late
> teens. Now, in another fluoride free town, my grandkids are getting
> cavities left and right. My oldest, five, has just had five cavities
> filled. It's criminal! Morons.

Our water was fluoridated when I was a kid. It didn't save me from a lot of
cavities but my younger brother and I both suffered from enamel cracking
problems. We have well water here, so no chlorine or fluorine, but he had
fluoride treatment at the dentist, and there is fluoride in toothpaste.