Posted to rec.food.cooking
Leila Leila is offline

Default Bottled water, is it better than tap water?

I've had the good luck to drink either New York City or East Bay
(Calif.) Municipal water for the last 25 years, and I'm totally
spoiled. The water in Santa Cruz, 90 minutes away from me, is terrible
for instance. San Diego water is worse - lukewarm and tastes of
concrete culverts. East Bay MUD water comes direct from the Sierras and
is among the best in the country (similar to San Francisco water).
Meanwhile the local "Dasani" brand water is bottled in Milpitas, a
suburb next to a freeway near San Jose - Dasani is Milpitas tap water
put through a filter. Why poeple would spend money on this stuff in SF
or the East Bay when the water out of the tap is better, I don't
understand.

Leila