Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mickey Zalusky Mickey Zalusky is offline

Default How Do You Get Crisp Sweet Potato Fries?

My first attempt was a twice-fried method as used for regular french
fries. Peeled and cust sweet potatoes into 1.4-inch batons. Using a
deep fat fryer and peanut oil the first fry was at 300 degrees. Second
was at 350 degrees according to the recipe I used. The recipe said the
second fry should only take a minute or so until they browned but after
5 minutes, the potatoes never got brown or crisp. The seasoning was
terrific (mixture of brown sugar, salt cayenne and cinnamon). They
were delicious but not a crispy as a normal white potato french fry.
Anyone know the secret to crispy sweet potato fries?