Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
serene serene is offline

Default Where Can I Get the Products in Vegetarian Restaurants?

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:02:54 GMT, "Leen" > wrote:

>Thanks Serene! I'm assuming you mean the Asian stuff you can get
>online? Anyone have specific sites they can recommend to purchase?

I buy them in a bricks-and-mortar store, but I'll get you the brand
info for the stuff I get:

Vegetarian Mock Chicken Meat (Braised Su-Jee)

Contents: Fried gluten, salt, sugar, soysauce (soybean, salt, water),
salad oil, water

Distributed by U.S. Trading Co., Hayward, CA 94545

Toll-free 1-800-453-5502, Fax 1-800-844-8885

http://www.ustrading.com

If you go to that page, then click "English > VEGETABLES >
Vegetarians", you'll see all three varieties (chicken, duck, and
abalone) that we get here for $1.69 a can.

I'll bet if you call them, they can tell you where you can get their
products.

serene, who also makes her own seitan (gluten) from time to time