Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] is offline

Default Returning (me)

In article >,
Siobhan Perricone > wrote:

> Just wanted to let you all know I'm back and I have a new email address. So
> all of you who had me blocked will need to update your filters. Sorry
> about that but it couldn't be helped.
>
> I was pleased to see that not much has really changed around here.
> Looking forward to some nice recipes and advice again.
>
> ob food: I've started to try out "stir fry" options at home. Until now
> we've mostly had chinese style food only when I bought it from the local
> "chinese" take out place. I've broken down and bought some convenience
> foods from the freezer section like frozen, chopped up veggie mixes for
> stir fry (my health state is such right now that using convenience foods is
> more helpful). Besides, I just can't seem to keep produce good long enough
> to warrant the higher prices I'm paying for it by throwing it out before
> I'm ready to use it. What I cook these days is very much dependent on how
> I'm feeling when I drag my ass home from work.
>
> I've been experimenting with different sauces for the stir fry and so far
> Frank's eating most of the experiments with no problem, though he still
> hates certain veggies. At least he can eat around them.

Fresh frozen veggie mixes work just fine for stir fry.
I prefer fresh produce, but have been exploring the frozen stuff lately
to save money and reduce waste...

I let it thaw in the sink in a screen strainer to drain off any excess
moisture.
--
Peace, Om.