Posted to rec.food.equipment
Steve Calvin Steve Calvin is offline

Default Smooth top ranges vs coil

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Steve, some smoothtop ranges have a hi-limit circuit that turns the element
> off (causing it to recycle when it cools) if it overheats. On some of
> those cooktops, using an oversize pot, such as a 22 qt pot, will cause the
> symptoms of overheating. Usually, such ranges explain that in the user
> manual.

Goog point Wayne.
But, (you knew that was comin' didnja? ;-) )

I have a *huge* aluminum pot that I use for live lobsters.
I'm not exactly sure of the size but I'd guess that it's at
least 22qt. I can cook 4, 2 pound lobsters in it with no
problem. I use it on the glass top and have no issues at all.

Not saying that I don't believe you or anything but I've
personally never seen anything that it won't handle. Maybe I
just am not doin' what causes the problem.

--
Steve
No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.