Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
serene serene is offline

Default Where Can I Get the Products in Vegetarian Restaurants?

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 02:05:14 GMT, "Leen" > wrote:

>Thanks to both your replies. I get the Boco and all of that, but the
>stuff I get in vegetarian eateries are of a better quality. For
>example, my boyfriend had sauteed "chicken" seiten medallions that was
>just such an excellent texture and taste, and I had fake fried
>"chicken" drumsticks that were almost like the real thing. I have never
>found thatkind of quality in supermarkets.

Right, I know exactly what you mean. You really should try the Asian
stuff, which is usually labelled as "mock chicken", "mock duck," etc.
Also, Bryanna Clark Grogan and Joanne Stepaniak have some great seitan
recipes, and Bryanna's are consistently given as eerily close replicas
of meat foods.

serene