Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Christmas Fruitcakes

On Mon 20 Feb 2006 11:43:11a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Shirley
Ward?

> Wayne,
>
> Saw your recent post and wondered how your Christmas Fruitcakes turned
> out. Never too early to get news of what's good and bad.
>
> Shirley in AZ

Shirley, thank you for remembering... Alas, we cut into only one fruitcake
on Christmas day and sampled small slices. Our need to return to Weight
Watchers, as well as tending to our type 2 diabetic needs forced me to
"feed" the cakes thoroughly, wrap securely, and put into the freezer. So no
comparative tasting this season. At least they will keep well. :-) The cake
we sampled was one my great grandmother used to make. It was even
"fruitier" than I remember, and quite delicious. I'm glad I don't make daily
trips to the freezer. I would be much too tempted! :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright ożo

BIOYA