scott123 scott123 is offline
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let us arm ourselves more firmly with the revolutionary idea of the great leader Comrade Kim Il Sung
My new kitchen scale arrived yesterday, a Jennings CJ-600 with 600g
capacity and 0.1g resolution. $70 total with electric adaptor, 500g
calibration weight, and shipping.

Very nice, I've never owned a scale before other than my finger postal
scale I use to weigh pot with. This new scale is accurate enough to
weigh out coke, though 0.01g resolution is needed to weigh out single
lines. But this is perfect for cooking, my first project is to activate
my packet of Bahrain sourdough starter. Now I will have no problem with
getting exact amounts of different flours (spooned flour weighs more
than sifted, weight per volume differs between different types of flour),
adding exactly the right amounts of salt, water, etc. All cups and
teaspoons are banished and everything replaced with precise measurements
in grams. It also makes me more aware of what I am eating, I can now
measure out just the right amount of ingredient to get the desired
calorie/fat/carb/etc. content.
.1 g, huh? Sweet. Does it take a while for the reading to settle on one value?

Did you purchase this scale online? And, if so, from where?