Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alan S[_1_] Alan S[_1_] is offline

Default Finding items to drink ?

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:27:34 -0800,
(Al Hill) wrote:

> Where can I find a list of Liquor & wines that don't have alot of
>sugar ? Sangria has 6% sugar.

In my, and my meter's, experience dry red wines from
Australia, NZ, S Africa and Europe are sugar-free and
carb-free. I've only tried Zinfandels and Syrahs in the USA
- and had no problems with them.

"Dry" in this case is a term of sweetness, not wetness.

White wines, particularly fruity wines such as Sauternes,
Frontignacs etc, can have a significant sugar content.

Fortified wines, such as sherry, madeira or port, can have a
very high sugar content.

Partly as a result of that my preferred drinks are dry red
wines. Shiraz (Syrah), Merlot, Grenache, Durif,
Cabernet-Sauvignon, Malbec, Petit verdot, Zinfandel, or the
many variants from Europe and south of the Equator will have
little effect on your BGs - and add resveratrols and other
good things to your system.

In moderation.

Sipping as I type on a Jacob's Creek Reserve Cabernet
Sauvignon 2002:-)

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 2x500mg