Posted to alt.food.barbecue
DavidG[_1_] DavidG[_1_] is offline

Default Sub-Zero Smoking

I'm just about out of pulled pork, and would like to make
some more.

Has anybody fired up a WSM in subzero weather? I'm in
Northern Wisconsin,
and it's 3 below right now. It may go up a few degrees, but
it's more
likely that we'll go down even further.

I've got plenty of Wicked Good charcoal, but have never
tried to use it in
such cold weather. I really don't want to run out of pulled
pork!

Do it! I run my WSM in NH all winter. I think my coldest
cook was about 5 above. The thing I have played with is the
water pan.
I usually run my WSM with sand in the pan. In real cold
weather this seems to be a bit too much of a heat sink, so I
just foil the empty pan.
Keep it out of the wind and go for it!

DavidG-

http://www.usenet.com