Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
Glorfindel Glorfindel is offline

Default The Status of animals

Leif Erikson wrote:

> proud mother of a
> jack-booted baby-killer in Iraq

>>> George W. Bush certainly can claim to be
>>> promoting the general welfare of the people *as he sees it*.

>> Yes, of course he can.

> So you're hosed.

What does "hosed" mean? All political figures claim to be
acting for the welfare of the people they control,
whatever they see as the source of their authority. It
does not mean they are. Would you expect Bush to admit
he is acting unconstitutionally? Would you even expect
Bush to *know* he is acting unconstitutionally?

> Are you
> >> still proud of your son?

You are amusing, Leif. Here you are trying the same clumsy and
transparent technique you tried when you attacked science
fiction -- a variant on "Have you stopped beating your wife."
If I did have a son, and if I claimed not to be proud of him,
you would attack with claims that I did not display
proper maternal feelings. If I had a son, and claimed to be
proud of him, you would use the sophomoric language above.
"Jack-booted baby killer" sounds like something a stoned
hippie from the 60's would say. Grow up.

"Hey, Hey LBJ -- how many kids did you kill today?"

Hmmm...possibly the slogan could use recycling...but by
someone with more literary talent than Leif.