Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.diabetic
Jen[_1_] Jen[_1_] is offline

Default Sugar-Free Pineapple Cheesecake

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
>I once had a recipe for a sugar-free low-fat pineapple cheesecake recipe,
>but
> have lost it. It was made with cottage cheese, crushed pineapple,
> unflavored
> gelatin, and artificial sweetener. The topping was sliced strawberries,
> sliced kiwi fruit, and sliced banana, glazed with thickened apple juice
> concentrate. It was, obviously, a no-bake cheesecake. A "dusting" of
> crumbs
> was used as a crust.
>
> Anyone have such a recipe, or similar?
>
> TIA

I just found another..... Pineapple rum cheesecake.

Base: 1 1/2 cups biscuit crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted

Filling: 1 1/2 Tablespoons gelatine
1/3 cup pineapple juice
2 x 250g cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 Tablespoons rum
1 x 150g can evaporated milk, chilled and whipped
3/4 cup cream, lightly whipped

Topping:
Pineapple slices
Sliced hazelnuts

Combine biscuit crumbs and butter. Press into base of 23cm fluted pan, with
removable base. Chill.

Stir gelatine into pineapple juice, heat until dissolved.

Beat cream cheese till soft, stir in all remaining ingredients, including
gelatine mixture. Pour into crumb crust. Chill.

Decorate with pineapple and hazelnuts.

Jen