Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] is offline

Default Protein grams and portion control??? Pastorio?

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote in news:Omelet-
> :
>
> > In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
> >
> >> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote in news:Omelet-

:

> >> Please explain!
> >>
> >> Andy

> > Hemoglobin A1C shows your average glucose (blood sugar) levels over the
> > past 90 days.
> >
> > A far, far more accurate estimation of Insulin resistance, and
> > developing type II Diabetes.
> >
> > My Endocrinologist uses it exclusively. :-)

> Om,
>
> So I ask a for cholesterol/triglyceride/hemoglobin A1C bloodwork exam? Is
> there any redundancy in this bloodwork?
>
> Andy

No....... ;-)

Fasting Glucose is rendered obsolete by the HA1C is all. It's a common
request since the blood lipid profile (Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL
Cholesterol and LDL) is usually done fasting.

However, it can't hurt, A1C is a separate test from the common blood
profiles.

The Comprehensive profile we run does NOT include lipids, which you
need, but does test liver and kidney function, along with electrolytes.

Discuss the options with your doctor for the profiles your local lab
runs. Most are regulated somewhat by medicare compensation standards.
Even your health insurance tends to be influenced by that.

And never, NEVER be afraid to ask your doctor for what you want! You'd
be well advised to do some googling, but cross reference cross reference
cross reference!!! A LOT of stuff on the 'net is crap! But you already
know that.

Hope this helps? :-)

Dr. R. usually orders:

Comprehensive profile
Lipid profile
CBC (complete blood count)
ESR (Erythrocyte sedimentation rate)
T4, TSH, T3 uptake (thyroid function tests)
HA1C

That's reasonably thorough....

Just make sure your insurance will cover it all!!!!!!!!!

I have a thyroid problem, so I also get a Total T3 and free T3.

Most of her male patients I've seen come thru also get Testosterone
levels depending on their age.
--
Peace, Om.