Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_1_] Joseph Coulter[_1_] is offline

Default Wine that got you into wine?

wrote in
s.com:

> What wine did you first taste that caused you to think, "wow, this is
> what wine is supposed to be like!" ?
>
> For me, at about age 23, it was a '78 Cabernet from the now-defunct
> Grand Cru winery in Glen Ellen, CA.

It was in 1970 and was a Chianti Classico from a long forgotten vinyard
purchased at a liquor store in Washington DC (14th street? or G? or
maybe I am hallucinating but the address was part of the store's name,
da Beppe will know I am sure) This stuff was just so much nicer than the
Mateus, Blue Nun, Taylor Tawny Port I was drinking at the time (Hey, I
was in the Army, Blue Nun was pretty swanky)

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations