Posted to alt.food.wine
Jim[_1_] Jim[_1_] is offline

Default TN: Small Carnival Gathering (Brouilly, Aligoté, NZ Riesling, CdR)

Mark:

I agree. I expected this to be at least a little riper than what one
would normally see from a more balanced vintage. I've heard good
things about the producer, so he'll get another shot when the '04 comes
in. As I said, it was almost there. However, the appearance of newish
oak did bother me. I've been fooled before though. It is possible the
banilla sweetness came from something other than oak.

As you imply, only solution is to try another vintage.

Jim