Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default REC: Chicken Piccata

Quentin Grady > wrote:
: G'day G'day Pete,

: I hadn't associated capers with American cuisine.
: Maybe it reflects the cosmopolitan nature of America.

: The dish fits in well with a meal for guests with mixed dietary
: beliefs. What would you serve it with for people who aren't doing low
: carb or similar diets?

: Best wishes,

I would serve rice or noodles for the non-carbohydracatly challanged.
Also some vrusty Italian bread.

Wendy

: This post not CC'd by email
: On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:01:11 -0600, "Pete Romfh"
: > wrote:

: >I made this recently and served it with greenbeans and brown rice with
: >toasted almonds.
: >It was delicious, low cal, and didn't spike my 2hr PP reading (105)
: >
: > -= Exported from BigOven =-
: >
: > Chicken Piccata
: >
: >Thin chicken cutlets browned with a flavorful, tangy sauce
: >
: >Recipe By: Pete Romfh
: >Serving Size: 4
: >Cuisine: American
: >Main Ingredient: Chicken
: >Categories: Low Sugar, Diabetic, Atkins-Friendly, Low Carb, Low Fat, Saut?,
: >Quick, Simple - Easy, Chicken, Main Dish, Brunch
: >
: >-= Ingredients =-
: >2 Medium chicken breasts ; Skinless; boneless
: >1/4 teaspoon kosher salt ; - to taste
: >1/2 teaspoon Black pepper ; - fresh ground
: >2 tablespoons Olive oil ; EVOO
: >1/4 cup White wine
: >2 tablespoons Capers
: >2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
: >1 tablespoon Butter
: >
: >-= Instructions =-
: >Directions: Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Slice the breast in half through
: >the middle. Place each slice between two layers of plastic wrap and pound
: >until 1/4 " thick. Season each piece with salt and pepper.
: >
: > Place the olive oil into a skillet and heat over medium flame. Add the
: >chicken breasts and brown for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside in a warm
: >oven.
: >
: >To make the sauce, reheat the skillet over medium heat. Add the wine and
: >reduce for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to scrape brown bits off bottom.
: >Stir in capers and lemon juice. Remove from heat and add the butter,
: >stirring until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour sauce over
: >chicken and serve
: >
: >Each (1/2 breast) serving contains an estimated:
: >Cals: 156, FatCals: 93, TotFat: 10g
: >SatFat: 3g, PolyFat: 1g, MonoFat: 6g
: >Chol: 39mg, Na: 340mg, K: 157mg
: >TotCarbs: 1g, Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 0g