Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Pete Romfh[_1_] Pete Romfh[_1_] is offline

Default REC: Kirtana's Kisses

I'd been looking for something to have as an after dinner treat. My spouse
mentioned meringues which I hadn't done for ages.
While researching this I thought of "Butterfly Kisses" which was a song
about someone's little girl. Then I thought of my favorite little girl who
just turned two last week.

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Kirtana's Kisses

Light and gentle as a little girl's kiss. It's named for my Granddaughter,
Kirtana Maureen
These treats are intended for diabetics. But everyone seems to love them.

Recipe By: Pete Romfh
Serving Size: 32
Cuisine: American
Main Ingredient: Egg white
Categories: Low Sugar, Diabetic, Low Carb, Bake, Snacks, Desserts, Cookies

-= Ingredients =-
3/4 cup egg whites ; - room temperature
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup Splenda
2 drops ~~ red food coloring ~~
1 teaspoon ~~ almond extract ~~
3/4 cup Unsweetened coconut ; - shredded

-= Instructions =-
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Place the eggs whites in a glass mixing bowl with salt. Beat until the
whites are stiff. Slowly add 1 cup of Splenda beating constantly. Mix in
food coloring, almond extract and coconut using a slow deliberate mix to
avoid deflating the mixture.

Drop the mixture from a teaspoon onto a greased and well- floured baking
sheet. Bake about 30 minutes. Turn oven off and let kisses continue to sit
in oven for 1 1/2 hours.

While the original recipe called for almond extract, there's no reason you
couldn't use other flavors such as peppermint, cinnamon, cocoa, or orange
zest. Just remember to go easy on the flavoring as these should be a
delicately flavored treat.

Each (13g) Kiss contains an estimated:
Cals: 33, FatCals: 10, TotFat: 1g
SatFat: 1g, PolyFat: 0g, MonoFat: 0g
Chol: 0mg, Na: 22mg, K: 18mg
TotCarbs: 5g, Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 0g,
NetCarbs: 5g, Protein: 1g

** Recipe at: www.bigoven.com/recipe160584 **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh