Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dan Krueger[_1_] Dan Krueger[_1_] is offline

Default Any Good Smoked Fish Recipes?

Alan S wrote:

> "Dan Krueger" > wrote in message
> link.net...
>
>>Alan S wrote:
>>

>>>"Dan Krueger" > wrote in message
rthlink.net...

>>>Yes I am interested, I have a lot of fish to cook. I agree with you about
>>>mesquite for the most part, sometimes I'll use 1 large, well seasoned log
>>>sometime during the cooking of a brisket but I have had that stuff tar up
>>>my pit something fierce before so I don't use it much. I like Hickory,
>>>Oak and Pecan. I was going to make a joke about using landscape timber
>>>but I got to thinking that there might be some dumbass down the road that
>>>might find this post and try it. I am going to buy some apple this
>>>evening and smoke my fish with apple and pecan.

>>Here it is...
>>
>>1 (8oz) cream cheese - softened
>>2 oz flaked or chopped smoked fish (I don't weigh it but I'm sure I add
>>more than that!)
>>1 teaspoon lemon juice (a few drops if concentrated)
>>1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
>>1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (I use Spice World - drained)
>>1/2 teaspoon onion powder
>>1 dash ground pepper (two dashed for me and coarse is better)
>>
>>It mixes up very well in one of those mini food processors and produces a
>>good spread for crackers.
>>
>>The original recipe includes 1/4 teaspoon "seafood seasoning". I don't do
>>the grocery shopping and I have never heard of that. Sounds as bad as
>>"liquid smoke" to me but I might be wrong. I have made the dip a dozen
>>times without it and it's my favorite homemade recipe.
>>
>>Enjoy!
>>
>>Dan
>>

> Thanks! The fish I smoked on Friday got gobbled down, I will try this soon.
>
> - A -

That a good sign - you got the brine right the first time. Now you just
have to remember how you prepared it!

Once we tried the dip, we ate more of it that way. I really depends on
how much fish I have each time. It's also easy to carry into the office
to share with the staff.

Carr's crackers are good. Flatbread with "everything" is the best. The
local supermarket carries them both in my area.

Dan