David Wright

Default Suggestion: Need Name for Bakery

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 10:59:26 -0700, "Mike Avery"
> wrote:

>On 8 Nov 2003 at 12:34, Margaret Suran wrote:
>
>> Our Daily Bread

>I was talking to a baker this weekend, and he said he wanted to use
>that as his bakery name... shucks, every Christian religous service
>would be an ad for his bakery. Most of you will remember that "Give
>us this day our daily bread" is a line from the Lord's prayer.
>
>He didn't use the name, because it was already in use.

I thought I remembered a bakery here in San Antonio by that name, but
it turns out to be "Broadway Daily Bread." (Makes sense; after all,
it's on Broadway St., not Our St.)

Still, I googled on "Our Daily Bread" and found bakeries by that name
in Blacksburg, Virginia; Algoma, Wisconsin; Winnie, Texas; Hico,
Texas; and Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

David

P.S. I printed a sign that gave our kitchen the name, "Morning Brook
Bread Factory," since that's the street we're on and I like the way
the name rolls off the tongue.