Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney Christine Dabney is offline

Default Rfc map link

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:46:04 -0500, "limey" >
wrote:

>"Christine Dabney" wrote
>> Heya folks,
>>
>> Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more. Here
>> is the new link:
>>
>> http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02
>>
>> There is also a new icon/marker set, which is much more extensive, and
>> has larger icons. If you want me to change to that one, I can.
>> However, it means we have to start all over for the map, I think, as
>> the old markers would have to be erased.
>>
>> Let me know if you want me to do that.
>>
>> Christine

>Thanks for the link, Christine. Can you reprint how to correct a person's
>location? I'm sitting out in the Atlantic, along with Stan Horwitz (but I'm
>sure that's not bad, either!).
>
>Skip the larger icons.
>
>Dora

Well, to redo your location, I need to delete your old icon first.
Then, you need to zoom in real close on the location, down as far as
you can. Do that BEFORE placing your next marker. Just keep on
zooming in, down to your location. You can often zoom down to street
level. Putting the map setting on hybrid can often help in finding
"your" house, as well.
Only AFTER you do this, do you place your marker. If you place the
marker before this, you end up in weird places, like the ocean.

You can move the map with your mouse, if you hold down on the left
mouse button and move the map. That way, you can keep on zooming down
to a specific spot.

Hope this helps a bit.

Christine