Posted to rec.food.baking
Chembake Chembake is offline

Default Problem with formula for "Hard Dinner Rolls"

>I'm seriously thinking about buying the book, The Bread Baker's Apprentice:
..>Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread by Peter Reinhart (ISBN:
1580082688). I've read mostly good reviews about it. Any thoughts?

For a home baker that is a must...but for an institutional baker(
restaurant or hotels) the book by Wayne Giesslen titled Professional
Baking is what I recommend as the recipes and methods there reflect
whatis being used in the bakery.

Another one is Quantity Food Prepaation..in the bakery section .
..unfortunately I cannot remember the authors name.
It includes the description of what a good hard and soft roll should
be..

When I was still connected to a baking school as a part time teacher I
recommend it to my students.
Another books highly recommended to beginning bakers for institution is
Practical Baking by William Sultan.
As well as the advanced book The Pastry Chef by the same author..

I had browsed that Sultain book some 10 years back I vividly remember
the good points mentioned in making quality bread for institutional
use...including good versions of hard rolls...
In fact the bakery manager of the hotel restaurant which I describe in
my previous post have those books in his offfice library:
The works of Giesslen, and Sultan...
Check it out in your nearest library...Unforunately I cannot remember
its ISBN number but the author and the title is correct.