Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dick Adams[_1_] Dick Adams[_1_] is offline

Default Opinions on the "South African Sourdough Culture"

"Trix" > wrote in message oups.com...

> [ ... ]

> It will be interesting to find out if this one is more or less
> sour or the same after rising from this morning until 1:30 before
> baking, but coming out of the refrigerator. I used a cold oven to bake
> them all. Loosely followed Dick Adams Billowy directions. I am
> waiting until thoroughly cool to taste.

If you are following my instructions, you should not be trying to follow
everyone else's instructions at the same time. I do not instruct to
put any stage of the bread in the fridge, except the culture for
long storage. I can't imagine why anyone wants to taste thoroughly
cooled bread if there is a better choice.

If you happen to be following everyone's instructions, and you happen
to get a good result, you will have no idea just what you did right.
For a bad result, you will not know who to blame.

--
Dicky