Posted to rec.food.cooking
Thelma Lubkin Thelma Lubkin is offline

Default Freezing Kabocha Pumpkin/Squash

> wrote:
: Hi all,

: I have a recipe that calls for about 1/2 a kabocha (Red curry, Thai),
: and at this point in time, I'm assuming I can actually find one in the
: wilds of semirural Minnesota in February. Let's say I find one, make
: the recipe, and have tons leftover. If I freeze it (primary
: ingredients: meat, coconut milk, kabocha chunks, bamboo shoots), what
: will the texture be like when it's reheated? I'm also willing to make
: half a recipe and just freeze uncooked kabocha, if that will make a
: difference.

If you can freeze the meat chunks separately, you'd be able to
use the leftovers in a terrific squash soup: heat the rest of
the ingredients with your soup liquid of choice [mine's usually
water], blend it and then heat again with the chunks of meat
added.
--thelma
: -j.