Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen is offline

Default A very basic, but delicious almond dessert

I saw this on TV and tried it. It was very good. I had to make doubloe
portion in a spring form pan, becuase I did not have the right type of
pan (round with a hole in the middle):

200 gram/ 7 oz. Blanched almonds
200 g /7 oz. Sugar
4 Egg whites
A pinch of salt
Butter and breadcrumbs for the round pan
100 g /3.5 oz. melted chocolate
2 tbsp oil

Chop the almonds in a blender with 150 gram of the sugar. Whip the egg
whites stiff with the salt and the rest of the sugar. Fold the almond
flour with the eggwhites.
Wipe the pan with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Bake 35 min at 400 F/200 C. Freeze it a couple of hours.
Melt the cholate and mix with oil. Pour it over the cake so it is
completely covered.

Let some oranges soak a bit in sherry, port, or sauternes.

Whip some cream into a vanilla icecream.

Serve the cake with the soft icecream, oranges, and some sherry, port,
or sauternes.