Posted to rec.food.baking
Bob (this one) Bob (this one) is offline

Default Can I modify a bread recipe to use "the sponge method"

Dick from green lake wi wrote:

> hey, folks. I am enjoying Greg Patent's "Baking in America". Great
> bread recipes turn out super every time. Most of his bread recipes use
> "the sponge method". But several do not. Do you think I can modify
> those successfully in order to use "the sponge method"?

Recipes, of course, can be adapted. How much experimentation would be
necessary is the question. He favors sponges. The fact that he didn't
use them for the specific recipes might mean that the results were
better this way.

Pastorio