Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default UGH I gots the flu

Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan wrote:

> The flu bug has hit. We have an incredibly beautiful snow going. The yard
> is gorgeous. Steven is getting me Straub's chicken and noodle soup. I'm
> sitting here with Bart on my lap and Ramsey is sleeping on the monitor. I
> went into work but was immediately sent home. The owner is going to Dallas
> tomorrow. She does not want a flu bug with her. So Dave Smith, that's my
> daily ditty You beez a good man Dave. Anyone into equestrian events is
> okay in my book.

Now don't you wish that you had gone out and got that flu shot. I went for mine
this year, as I have every year for the last few years. Unlike those who insist
they got the flu anyway or got it worse, I have not had a dose of flu for
years.

It was a lazy day here. I slept in until 9:30. Then I had some oatmeal, a
latte, logged on to check email, do my cross word puzzles and crpytogram. Then
I went out for coffee and a cranberry blueberry bran muffin to go along with my
morning newspaper and coffee. Then I was off to the Y where I did 20 minutes
on the cross trainer, 8 weight station for the regular routine, then back to
the biceps curl machine for three more sets, and then to the set leg press
where I dropped the weight in half to 100 and did two sets of 100 to get set
for a show on the weekend. I ended with a 1 mile walk on the track, then hit
the showers and steam batch.