Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] is offline

Default Hot tamales!

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> In article >,
> ensenadajim > wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 20:59:25 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > > wrote:

> > >Couple questions for the panel: What kind of pork roast is used
> > >effectively for the filling? What else goes on the plate when tamales
> > >are on the menu? What I picture is a combination plate from El Loro
> > >Restaurante -- frijoles, arroz, an enchilada or something. Is is a
> > >*bad* thing to eat them unaccompanied? I don't know these things and am
> > >curious.

> > Sounds like a good set of questions for that best friend.

> > jim

> Good point. I hope she'll be there this morning. Then I hope I"ll be
> there this morning. :-)
>
> I believe this was her sequence in making them: made them, froze them
> uncooked, cooked them, refrigerated them, gave them to me. Six of the
> precious little packets. Might I have frozen them after they were given
> to me so as to not demolish them at one sitting? Then what? Nuke from
> frozen to heat? Thaw then nuke?

I froze some that I bought fresh from right before New Years.
Nuked a dozen of them the other day. They were easier to peel and a bit
drier, still good but not quite as good as fresh.

But, that's just me. <G>
--
Om.