Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'[_1_] Melba's Jammin'[_1_] is offline

Default Hot tamales!

In article >,
zxcvbob > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Couple questions for the panel: What kind of pork roast is used
> > effectively for the filling?

> A boiled hog's head. Seriously. (you asked)

Dude! I grew up on a farm and one of my earliest memories is of those
squealing piggies when they got knifed. "Thank you for your goodness
for our table, piggy."

> You should be able to use
> any pork roast that you can cook to pieces with slow moist heat.

Butt roast? Like for my tourtieres but not ground?

> A little enchilada sauce poured over, and rice and frijoles on the side.

Yeah, and I didn't feel like cooking (I had lunch out with a friend and
when I do, Rob's supper suffers).

> > Is is a *bad* thing to eat them unaccompanied?

> How could it be bad? But you'll probably at least want a bottle of beer
> or a can of TaB to wash them down.

I had TaB. Rob had milk.

> Best regards,
> Bob